Biosecurity Measures - Policy & Procedures
Roatan, Honduras – Discover Roatan Excursions & Tours has introduced it biosecurity measures in wake of the SARS-CoV-2/ COVID-19 pandemic. The tour operator’s biosecurity measures are a series of policies and procedures designed to restrain/contain the virus, protecting the general public and island guests from the transmission of the COVID-19 disease. Furthermore, the biosecurity measures outlined below are in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Honduran Government’s guidelines.
Honduras Entry - Post COVID-19 Outbreak
The Roatan International Airport (RTB) has re-opened to travelers! However, not without meeting certain requirements for entry. The following immigration pre-check form & submission are for island guests visiting Roatan and Honduras by aircraft:
- The form can’t be submitted until you are within 48 hours of your entry date. Before the 48-hours time frame, you can advance the process by registering on the site and completing the questions. However, you must wait until you are within the 48-hours time frame to submit. (Avoiding excess records in the system).
- It’s best to complete the form on a desktop or laptop.
- You will receive a response by email, print it out and carry it with you.
- Upon arrival, check-in at the immigration desk and have highlighted your name, pre-check number, and dates of travel. (From printed form)
- Here’s a guide to assist you in completing and submitting the immigration form.
Visitors to Roatan, Honduras, and the Bay Islands must provide the negative COVID-19 test results prior to beginning their travels. Travelers must hand-carry the negative PCR or rapid test taken, no less than 72 hours before entering Honduran territory. All arriving passengers must provide the test results at the immigration check-in.
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test in real-time.
- Rapid test with a minimum Specificity of 85%, Sensitivity of 98%
Standard Entry Requirements
All visitors are required to:
- Wear a face covering
- Maintain social distancing
- Use hand sanitizer when instructed
- U.S. citizens are required to have a U.S. passport with at least six months validity beyond return travel dates.
- Travelers from South America or persons traveling en route from South America to Honduras will be required to show proof of the Yellow Fever Vaccination.
- Residents of all other countries should check with the Honduran Embassy for specific entry requirements.
Cruise Line Passenger Requirements - Healthy Sail Panel
Discover Roatan Excursions & Tours is committed to the safety and well-being of every Roatan island guest disembarking for a booked excursion or tour. This begins with the cruise industry’s wide adoption of the “Healthy Sail Panel” recommendations and protocols. Thus, as a vendor and tour operator on the island of Roatan, Discover Roatan Excursions & Tours will implement controls to reduce the likelihood of guests contracting SARS-CoV-2 while on shore.
ISLAND GUEST PROTOCOL:
- Wear a face covering in transportation vehicle
- Maintain social distancing when possible
- Use hand sanitizer when instructed
- Avoid touching your face and various surfaces
- Participate in a contactless temperature check upon arrival
DRET STAFF PROTOCOL:
- All employees complete biosecurity measures class & training
- All employees to submit to a temperature check before and after work shift
- All vehicles disinfected and cleaned prior to, during, and after tour or excursion
- All employees must wear masks at all times
- All employees to practice social distancing
- All employees to make available sanitizer and disinfection wipes when requested by island guests
- All island guests will receive private transportation, grouped within their “social bubble”
The above biosecurity measures will be adhered to at all times and are subject to change as new scientific information evolves around the SARS-CoV-2. All future changes to our biosecurity measures will be in compliance with local government and international policy requirements.